IIT JEE advance 2020 - Preparation tips, Syllabus, Books, Exam Dates, Studying Material, Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced is the final stage of the JEE admission test conducted by the Indian Institute of Technologies. The candidates who have already qualified JEE Main are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. It is regarded internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests.
The top 2.2 lac scorers of JEE main appear for JEE Advanced. The statistics show every year there is an increase in no. of candidates appearing for JEE Advanced.
Colleges like the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, and the Indian Institute of Science use JEE Advance score as the basis for admission.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. However, NRI, POI, OCI and Foreign National Candidates can also apply
- Candidate must have qualified JEE Main
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 (for general and OBC candidates) are eligible to apply however, there is a five-year relaxation for SC, ST, PWD candidates
- Candidates appearing for JEE Advanced 2019 must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 5 subjects from a recognized board in the year 2018 or 2019
- If any board for the academic year 2016-2017 declares its results after June 2017. Then the candidates of that board are also eligible to appear in 2019 Advance
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 45% in their 10+2 or any other recognized equivalent examination
- Candidates who have appeared in 2018 or are appearing in 2019 for 10+2 are only eligible to appear in 2019 JEE Advanced
- A candidate can take a maximum of 2 attempts only
- Candidate must be in the top 25 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 examination
- Candidates admitted to IIT before are not eligible to appear in the examination
- However, candidates who paid the seat acceptance fee in 2018 but failed to report any reporting center or withdrew before the last round of seat allotment or had their seat canceled for any reason in 2018 are allowed to take the exam
- JEE Advanced, does not have a fixed pattern and change every year
- It is conducted through Online Mode
- It comprises of two papers – Paper1 and Paper2
- The questions asked are from 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Maths
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours each but for PWD candidates extra time is given
- Question paper includes variety of Objective Type Questions
- There will be negative marking, zero marking, partial marking and full marking depending on positive and negative responses
- The exam is conducted in Hindi and English at all exam centres
- Check for your eligibility criteria
- Login into registration portal using JEE Main Roll number, Password and Security Pin
- The Registration link also includes filling up of Total Number of Attempts, Exam Center, and Language for taking the exam
- The admit card is made available in the third week of May
- Any corrections in the Admit card should be rectified immediately by informing the IIT Authority
- Candidates without Admit Card are not allowed to enter the examination hall
- The Admit Card contains all the important information like Name, DOB, Gender, Timing of Examination, Center, Roll no. etc.
FEE for JEE Form
|Examination Opted in
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers in India
||Candidates from SAARC countries
||Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Analytical Geometry
- Algebra and Vectors
- General and Modern Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Thermal Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Gaseous and liquid states
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding
- Chemical equilibrium
- Chemical kinetics
- Solid state
- Surface chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Preparation, properties, and reactions of alkanes
- Reactions of benzene
- Reaction of Phenols
- Characteristic reactions
- Amino acids and peptides
- Properties and uses of some important polymers
- Practical organic chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Isolation/preparation and properties of non-metals
- Preparation and properties of compounds
- Transition elements (3d series)
- Preparation and properties of the compounds, Ores and minerals
- Extractive metallurgy
- Principles of qualitative analysis
Selection and Counselling
The cut off is decided on the following criteria
- No. of students appearing for the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Overall candidate’s performance i.e. if many candidates manage to secure a higher number then the cut off is raised and vice-versa
- No. of questions in the question paper
- The categoy under which a candidate wishes to take admission
Last year cut off trend
||Minimum marks in each subject
|Common rank list (CRL)
|OBC-NCL rank list
|SC rank list
|ST rank list
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list
|SC-PwD rank list
|ST-PwD rank list
|Preparatory course rank lists
JEE Advanced counseling process and seat Allotment are done by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
JEE Main counseling is conducted online. It is a 7 round counseling process and stats from the 4th week of June.
This involves 5 steps
- Registration for counselling
- Choice Filling process (Candidates are required to submit the choices for the course and colleges as per their preference)
- Seat Allocation Process (Accepting the allocated seat and proceeding for document Verification at reporting centers)
- Seat withdrawal and waiting for next round of Seat Allocation (If the seat allocated is not the seat you desired, you can withdraw yourself and wait for next round of seat allocation (Candidate can withdraw seat up to 6 round of seat allocation)
- After seat allocation candidate must pay an amount of Rs. 45000 as a seat acceptance fee
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2.
- Complete Physics for JEE Main 2019 by Irodov
- Halliday, Resnick and Walker-Fundamental Physics
- SS Krotov- Aptitude test problem in physics
- Nelkon and Parker-Aptitude Test Problem in Physics
- S.L. Loney- Advance Physics, Elements of Dynamic Part 1 and Part 2
- V. Zubov & V. Shalnov -Problem in Physics
- A.A Pinsky – Problem in physics
- Tipler – Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2
- R.P. Feynman -Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2
- NCERT books (only theory).
- IIT Chemistry by O.P Tondon.
- Complete Chemistry for JEE Main 2019 by NCERT.
- IITJEE Chemistry by O.P Agarwal
- Chemistry Principles and Applications by Seinko and Plane
- IIT Chemistry by Tata Mc Graw Hill
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- IIT Mathematics by RD Sharma.
- The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE by SL Loney.
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus by Arihant Prakashan
- Vector by Shanti Narayan
- Introduction Probability and It’s application by W. Feller
IIT is one of the most esteemed groups of engineering institutions in the country. Thousands of aspiring students appear in the exam every year with the hope of making it to the prestigious institutions. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program includes several methodologies. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students to crack the JEE Advanced entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also offer students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentor programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to help students crack JEE Advanced. With the help of our special JEE Advanced coaching program and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the IITs with the choice of course you've always dreamt about.
Crack JEE Advance with Basicfirst E-Learning App
Are you aspiring to crack IIT-JEE? Welcome to Basicfirst!
Basicfirst learning app is the best online solution for cracking JEE Advanced. It provides the best of worlds, coaching and online learning for the JEE aspirants.
Live Chat: Basicfirst provides live support for students to get personalized study tips and conceptual clarity.
Doubt Clearing Session: Get expert guidance and tips for cracking IIT JEE with our latest feature “Doubt Clearing”. Our academicians help you crack JEE Advances with top rank. Basicfirst helps you improve your score by framing an effective preparation strategy.
Mock Tests: Evaluate yourself through Basicfirst online learning and assessment platform. Start revising the concepts today with our smartly designed worksheets and mock tests.