It always seems impossible until someone does it. If you want to taste success, you are the one who needs to go to it and choose it for you. WBJEE, one of the state entrance exams every engineering aspirant aims to crack for fulfilling his or her dream of pursuing engineering in West Bengal, puts emphasis on three subjects viz. Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Let’s take a look at some of the best ways in which you can strategically prepare for the exam subject-wise:
Mathematics for WBJEE
- In subjects like Mathematics, there are lots of formulae involved. Though it is difficult to learn and memorize all the formulae from the syllabus, you can’t do without them since they form the backbone of the subject. You can’t really solve questions without knowing them.
- A good idea to tackle this problem is to learn how to derive them as that would help you in deriving them whenever necessary.
- Some important topics for the Mathematics section include Sets, Relations & Functions, Definite Integration, Indefinite Integration, Three-dimensional Geometry, Theory Of Equations, Vectors, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Matrices Determinants, Complex Numbers, Limits.
- Rather than taking the lengthy way, focus on learning shortcuts and tricks to solve questions.
Physics for WBJEE
- This subject involves a high level of conceptual knowledge and application skills. Understanding the theory and rigorous practice of questions will help make your concepts a lot clearer.
- As you progress with your preparation, make synopsis of chapters, notes and bullets of the concepts, diagrams, block diagrams, flowcharts, etc. This will help you visualize important concepts and formulae with ease.
- Also, it would be essential to keep your speed in check. To do that, keep a track of the time you spend on each question. Some important topics for this section include Laws of Motion, Wave Motion, Rotational Motion, Simple Harmonic Motion, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Center of Mass, Impulse & Momentum, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Modern Physics -Atomic Models, Heat & Thermodynamics, Physics of Nucleus, and Work Energy Power.
Chemistry for WBJEE
- The Chemistry section requires remembering a lot of information, from formulae to equations, complicated steps, and applications, among others. Since it is humanly difficult to memorize such a huge amount of information, the best way to deal with this is to have a clear understanding of the basics.
- Understand how a particular kind of reaction works and based on that, you can consider practicing questions.
- Some important topics in Chemistry include, Chemical Thermodynamics, Coordination Compounds, Transition Elements – d& f block, p-block Elements, s-block Elements, Chemical Bonding, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Carboxylic Acid & its Derivatives, Chemical Equilibrium, General Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics.
Now that you know WBJEE preparation tips and important topics subject-wise, create a realistic timetable and set daily, weekly, and monthly targets to finish the syllabus in time. Ensure to finish the syllabus as early as possible to have enough time to revise it and master the most important chapters.
The most important thing to do after completing the syllabus is to take lots of mock tests on a regular basis as that will help you improve your overall test-taking strategy, which will eventually help you increase your score in the exam.