The National Defence Academy, known as the NDA is the Joint Service Academy for the Indian Armed Forces. Cadets of the three-armed services including Army, Navy and Air Force are trained together in the academy, before moving ahead with the pre-commissioning training. NDA is stated to be the first tri-service academy in the world. Admissions in the academy are accepted via a written examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), followed by an extensive interview conducted by SSB(Service Selection Board). Finally, a medical test is conducted to keep a check on the candidate’s overall health and physical fitness.
Around 4,50,000 candidates sit for the exam every year, out of which only 6,300 are called for further interview rounds. Out of these, just 320 cadets are accepted to the academy, each semester. 70 for the Air force, 42 for Navy and 208 cadets for the Army are selected.
Some Common Preparation Tips for NDA :
- The candidates should fix their goal and start their preparation as early as is feasible to them.
- Every candidate should understand the NDA syllabus well so that they know what way they have to follow.
- The candidates should make it a routine to cover all the subjects.
- The candidates should not forget to revise the basics of each subject. They should refer to the NCERT book solutions of Class VI to XII.
- To improve their English, the candidates must start reading a good newspaper on a daily basis. They should also brush up on their grammar regularly. They should learn some new words as well and inculcate them in their used language.
- The candidates should refer to the previous year’s question papers to get an idea of the pattern of questions and they should try to solve mock tests papers to prepare better on the same pattern.
- The candidates must spot their weaknesses and start working on them to improve in that particular subject. While they work on their weaknesses, they should not forget to revise their strengths.
How can You Prepare for NDA with BasicFirst?
BasicFirst, a renowned e-learning solution provider ensures that students are well-connected to teachers irrespective of geographical, language, and other impediments. The interactive learning solutions of BasicFirst has transformed the way teachers deliver knowledge to students, resulting in higher retention rates of learning material and thus, improved academic performance.
Here at BasicFirst, we offer enthusiastic students the opportunity to communicate with and learn from the finest and highly experienced faculty. Our study schedule offers various ways by which you can do this. We offer comprehensive doubt clearing sessions to ensure students have a strong hold on the subject and have their basics completely cleared. To achieve this, we conduct regular online tests and provide practice workbooks to train the students for cracking the NDA entrance exam.
To foster one-on-one interaction, we also offer students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty online via chat, calls, messages, and Mentors programs.
To facilitate our vision, we adopt the following methods:
- Live Chat: You can engage in a live chat with our faculty to clear your doubts in real time.
- Doubt Clearing Session: BasicFirst organizes doubt clearing programs to answer all your questions in depth and help create a doubt-free zone.
- Mock Test: We have designed our worksheets & assessments in such a way that it helps candidates practice and learn new skills on a daily basis. BasicFirst concentrates on keeping aspirants engaged with extensive practice sheets and online tests.
With the help of our distinctive NDA coaching program and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the National Defence Academy to serve the nation.