The rise of e-learning mobile app
In todays’ changing times, students are more driven towards a mobile phone for every purpose and thus there is a need of e-Learning mobile app. The world is at their fingertips and a student can get access to any information from anywhere. This reduces the chances of visiting a library and searching for the data. A mobile phone can hence be used for a number of such purposes.
What makes the information easily accessible is mobile applications?
Does every mobile app has unique features and carries its set of services?
Learning is a continuous process and the focus has now completely shifted to e-Learning. Due to mobile phones and the various feature-oriented applications, students can now learn at their pace and take their time at understanding things, as everything is just a click away.
Why Educational Apps?
Educational apps allow students to learn anytime, and anywhere. Students no longer need to be confined to a classroom to gain knowledge. This all-around, anytime and anywhere accessibility means that learning is not restricted to a physical location or a specific time. This results in students engaging voluntarily on their own terms – which means that they feel empowered by the learning process instead of waiting for it to just get over.
These apps open the way for interactive learning. The innovative gadgets of today make it effortless for the students to practice their lessons in an effective and interactive way. Nowadays e-Learning mobile app is available for all types of skill levels and aid learning using a variety of teaching methods, such as educational games or video tutorials. These apps ensure interactive and effective learning, by transforming the boring lessons and helping the students in visualizing everything.
Furthermore, they lean on individual focused learning. A teacher’s role in the student’s life is not at all doubtful, but a teacher cannot focus on one student only. He/she typically has to engage with 20-30 pupils during each session, and it is difficult to ensure that each one of them is engaged and following what is being taught. However, when a student utilizes an app, the time they interact with the app is all their own, and there is no division of attention.
Let’s have a look at certain applications that handle CBSE or ICSE students in the country in the most effective learning manner!
Trusted Applications for CBSE students: best E-learning app
- MyCBSEguide: This is one of the best applications out there with 10 million+ page views per month and it is on the top of Google Play Store. MyCBSEguide is an app that has a huge repository of study material, practice papers, sample papers, study notes and NCERT books. Furthermore, it is completely free of cost. The app constitutes almost all the popular subjects from class 3 to 12. One can access the app to prepare for the syllabus of CBSE. It provides sample papers, revision notes, mock question papers, chapter-wise important questions, solutions of NCERT books, important question banks, online tests etc. MyCBSEguide also provides video tutorials for students who find video lectures more effective in learning.
- Meritnation: Meritnation is a popular app for CBSE board exams preparations and has been downloaded by more than 67 thousand students. Meritnation application covers various subjects like Science, Maths, Social Science, English, Sanskrit, Hindi, Accountancy and many more. The app has a diversified collection of practice tests, NCERT solutions, sample papers, animated tutorials, important question banks, and various such things which will help a student throughout their studies. It provides the material from class 6th to 12th so all compulsory subjects are covered in this application. Also, more than 40 lakhs answers are available in its database. The app also promotes social learning and allows a user to create a profile on the app and add their friends.
- BasicFirst: BasicFirst is an entrusted educational application that presents solutions to students in most crisp manner, with high-caliber and competent guidelines our apps have the highest service standards, for students doubt clearing program. Our application aligns and integrates with the best solutions for your child’s educational demands to offer best fascinating results in today’s world. Our application has exceptional student interaction and doubt clearing sessions for effective engagement and metrics with better student queries handling. We have a tendency to handle progressive operations that aligns with competitive scenarios for best student results.
- Byju’s: Byju’s is now India’s largest Ed-Tech (Learning) company and the creator of the well-loved K12 learning app. Its idea is to reinvent how students learn and transform learning into a fun activity by their learning classes and the learning app. The app offers highly adaptive, effective, engaging and learning programs for students in classes 4-12 (K-12) with Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Their team of teachers consists of best-handpicked teachers from the discipline. They use world-class technology, to deliver the best of education to young minds, copyrighted teaching techniques to make learning fun, effective, and efficient for the students. This app offers interactive & engaging study material in the form of videos, puzzles as well as quizzes.
- E-Pathshala: E-Pathshala is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development and NCERT. The ministry has launched this app based on the concept of ‘learning on the go’. E-Pathshala has been developed by NCERT for showcasing and disseminating all educational e-resources including textbooks, video, audio, periodicals and a variety of other print and non-print materials through the website and mobile app. This app provides free access to NCERT books of classes 1 to 12 for students, parents and teachers available on a mobile phone application platform. Students can also download chapter-wise books of every subject from the app. The books are available in both English and Hindi languages. With the help of this app, parents can keep a constant check on the learning outcomes of their children and school teachers can also have access to various teaching instructions. In addition, this app allows students to watch recorded videos of lectures.
Best Mobile Learning app for ICSE Students
- Extramarks Smart Study: Mobile app for school student can download Extramarks Smart Study for easy and effective learning. It serves lessons, practice test and complicated concepts which one can study. It also has interactive learning sessions having short games. It also provides adaptive learning materials.
- ICSE Study Apps: Listed at the top of google play store, ICSE Study Apps is one of the best applications developed for ICSE Students studying in class 6th to class 12th. More than 5000 questions are available in the app, which covers all the important questions. Students also get updated with new questions and concepts every month. One of the unique things in this application is that if you score rank in top 20, your name will appear with your photograph.
All in all, through such educational apps, all students are to be benefitted, whether they are the students of CBSE or ICSE.