BITSAT EXAM PREPARATION TIPS
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is an entrance test for students who wish to seek admission in Birla Institute of Technology and Science. BITS Pilani is one of India’s most renowned and reputed private colleges for higher studies and engineering. BITSAT 2020 exam will be held for admission to undergraduate engineering programs offered by BITS Pilani at its three campuses in India – Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
BITSAT 2019 is a university level examination and hence is relatively easy. Nevertheless, it requires preparation. Candidates must know the exam pattern, syllabus, and important topics before they start their preparation.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2020 will be conducted online. The paper will have 4 sections – Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV.
- Physics and Chemistry sections would comprise of 40 questions each, while Mathematics will have 45 questions and English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning will have 10 and 15 questions respectively.
- The time allotted to complete BITSAT 2020 paper will be 3 hours (without any breaks).
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted, whereas unattempted questions will be given zero or no marks.
- If any candidate finishes answering all the 150 questions, then they can opt for 12 extra questions, 4 each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM), in case they still have time left within the allotted 3 hours.
Syllabus for BITSAT
The BITSAT syllabus is set as per the syllabus of NCERT for class 12th, in the format being used by the CBSE board schools. BITSAT generally covers four major topics: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. The English and Logical Reasoning sections are quite unique to BITSAT.
Preparation Tips To Crack BITSAT
- Have a well-devised study plan. It’ll help you study efficiently and not panic in the end.
- Practice Regularly- Try solving sample papers and previous years question papers. Take periodic mock tests to get used to the exam pattern, and to learn how to manage your time.
- Clear all your doubts so that you can take the exam confidently. Take help from your teachers, or even online. There are a lot of doubt clearing websites, like BasicFirst, which can help you clear your doubts efficiently.
- Read NCERT books Solutions cover to cover. Quite a few aspirants seem to overlook its importance. These books will help you erase every speck of concept-related doubts, and get your basics thoroughly covered.
- Single out your strengths and weaknesses. Revise the topics you are strong in, and practice your weaker links regularly.
- Allot at least 1 hour every day to reading a good newspaper. In BITSAT, out of the 150 questions asked, 25 are reserved for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. Neither of these two areas can be tackled using the conventional sit-study-revise techniques which are viable for studying PCM. Thus, practice separately for these two by improving your vocabulary and reasoning skills.
If you will follow these BITSAT Exam Preparation tips, it won’t be difficult for you to crack BITSAT.