Let’s begin with a question, since the origin of humans, Is intelligence and creativity, two important aspects which run hand-in-hand recurrently?
It’s been a predicament for people to understand that intelligence is driven alone on the idea of creativity.
Merely, Immense isn’t a word, it’s a way of life. Be it any aspect of living, there are varied examples of people who are intelligent and artistic at the same time, that’s the reason at times Creativity is regarded as the highest form of intelligence – ofcourse!
Let’s consider examples of few such individuals:
- LEONARDO DA VINCI-Leonardo Da Vinci is one among the foremost celebrated artists and sculptors of all time, his masterpieces such as Last Supper, The Vitruvian Man and The Mona Lisa are world known. Being a scientist, a discoverer, and a life scientist- he owns many accolades under his name. Da Vinci was one of the most prominently and variously gifted people, diversely talented, magnificently brilliant and artistically polished in history of humankind.
- STEPHEN HAWKING-Many individuals believe that Stephen Hawking was one among the smartest living individual on earth, because of his glorious contributions to the fields of cosmology, his general theory of relativity and quantum gravity, particularly within the context of black holes are world known. Due to his timeless love for physics and inventions, hawking is viewed as a symbol of knowledge and intelligence in today’s culture, he also carried the same aura of creativity and innovation in his blood.
- ALBERT EINSTEIN-Today, the name “Einstein” is synonymous to genius, the German-born theoretical physicist of science is known for his legendary formula E = mc2. For his services to theoretical physics, and particularly for his discovery to the law of the photoelectric effect, led to the evolution of scientific theory, which explains the behaviour of matter and energy on atomic as well as subatomic level. He was a product of continuous effort, determination, courage, creative designs and persistence.
- WILLIAM JAMES SIDIS-If intelligence is defined by intelligence quotient score, philosopher Sidis is counted one among the smartest men who lived ever. His astounding intelligence quotient score of 275 outshines any other person. When taken into account the superior, spectacular and extremely impressive learning system, Sidis believed as fun fundamental in creating a difference in Human race.
Not because all of them were gifted but because they had these five mantras of living, which distinguishes them from any other individual on this earth:
- Never Stop Dreaming: When you wake up and feel that things are not the way you thought about, you are not getting desired results- doubts, fears, qualms and stressful moments take over you, fear of failure and disillusion take over your thinking. Hold for a moment and remember why you started and how far you have reached in your journey. Work persistently, relentlessly and never stop dreaming!
- Never Stop Believing: These successful people and masters in their arena carried major thoughts of never giving up on the belief in themselves. They found positivity in times of trials and fears, in moments of doubt and victories, through pain and laughter—their life was filled with opportunity. They embraced forgiving from the pain, mistakes and took lessons that they were never alone. No matter how much you are bogged down, stand up and walk as this journey will help you in building on the trust!
- Never Give Up: “Those Who Mind Don’t Matter, and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind”, believe in this quote throughout your life. It’s you who can bring an incremental change in the society not anyone else. “Say what you want and be who you are, world needs genuine people”, the process is not easy, it requires a lot of determination, courage, outlook, stance and attitude. It’s a continuous process of not giving up, acknowledge others strengths and embrace your weaknesses, life is an unquestioning endeavour!
- Never Stop Trying: Absolutely defeated and drained, you’re among those who can try and bring a change. There is only one thing which could be said is we are all born with instinct, predisposition, tendency not to give up. You are capable of achieving bigger goals in life. Do you prefer to be creative? There is no point in looking forward, you simply need to connect the dots. Become a student for lifetime and learn from others. Learn from the people you adore, Try to improve every day and every moment!
- Never Stop Learning: Learning gives perspective and viewpoint, you will certainly enter into an incredible world of new ideas and plans, character, knowledge and delve into bigger perspectives of personality. “Old ways don’t open new doors”, you need to grow through the process and it’s a never ending journey. Learning is an endless process, just improve every day. Eliminate procrastination, handle challenges creditably, relax and never give up, Let go off your fears!
Agreeing with the question how we started this writing piece, we can comprehend that Creativity and Intelligence are the two sides of same coins. As creativity is the ability to work up with new concepts through a process of connecting existing ideas and Intelligence in a supported way across the journey, for attaining the desired outcomes. So, we must start chasing positive outcomes of life for handling glitches effectively which will open new innovative and inventive ideas of living!