Hindu God Shiva, an epithet of a destroyer as well as a constructor, one who controls invincible hardships with his compassionate looks and provides prosperity is a belief– for many!
Recognized as a spirit which has definitive mantras for liberation, equal vision, equipoise, removal of bad thoughts, all sufferings, removing delusions and burning all sins– he’s referred as “Mahadev”!
His Maha Mritunjay Jaap not only has the power to win over any critical life situations but also even death, but is the point of origin as well as the destruction of humankind.
Tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ pushtivardhanam ।
Urvārukamiva bandanna mrityormukshīya mā’mratāt ।।
“Comprehended by the three-eyed lord for favourableness and welfare. He’s self-sufficient, odorous, nourishes and nurtures lives of all living beings is ॐ-! Simply, considering an example of cucumber which during the period of ripening detaches itself (without the intervention of gardener), it’s freed from its bondage (to the creeper). Om helps in liberating us from death for the sake of immortality!”
Lyrics of Shivaay song justify every aspect of his personality!
ॐ नमः शिवाय, ना आदि, ना अंत है उसका
वो सबका, ना इनका-उनका!
वही है माला, वही है मनका
मस्त मलंग वो अपनी धुन का!
जंतर मंतर तंतर ज्ञानी
है सर्वग्य स्वाभिमानी
भांग धतूरा, बेल का पत्ता
तीनों लोक इसी की सत्ता
विष पीकर भी अडिग, अमर है
महादेव हर-हर है जपता
वही शून्य है, वही इकाय
वही शून्य है, वही इकाय
जिसके भीतर बसा शिवाय
तो बोलो, “हर हर हर”, ॐ नमः शिवाय!
Shiva- one who has 1,008 names is a source of inspiration, who has the courage to handle all the sufferings of human beings in this world itself. Not his inner self but everything on Shiva’s body symbolically signifies important aspects:
- Ganges: Signifies flow of scriptural teachings from one generation to the next.
- Moon: Symbolises lord is timeless
- Third eye: Destruction of evil and ignorance, if opened it reduces person in vision to ashes
- Serpent: Indicates ego that is once mastered can be worn as an ornament
- Rudraksha beads: Denote purity
- Tiger Skin: Signifies Fearlessness
- Drums: represents the words from the Vedas
- Trident: Knowledge, desire and implementation
Specifics for Shravan Month:
- Cogitating on the fact that worshiping Shiv is seen 108 times more powerful at this time than any other time of the year- Shravan is an imperative month.
- Shravan constellation is seen during this period on a full moon night and the day is known as Shravan Purnima.
- Rudraksha, an important symbol for Lord Shiva! Wearing rudraksha is considered very auspicious, also the devotees frequently practice Japa with Rudraksha mala to please Hindu lord.
- Fasting during the Shravan month is considered as an auspicious symbol for growth and prosperity.
All that has been created or is still unmade. Whatever is immortal and works for resurrection of life in the universe, from the birth of our globe- its maintenance, its destruction, and reconstruction, right from the soul to the revelation all are encrypted in one word- ॐ”.