BITSAT Entrance Exam - BITSAT 2019-20 Preparation Tips, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Cut-off
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is an all-India entrance exam conducted for admission into the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) campuses which are located in Hyderabad, Goa, and Pilani. It is also recognized as one of the 6 Indian 'Institutes of Eminence' by the Government of India in 2018.
The entrance test offers an opportunity to take admission in 3 prestigious institutes of BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad, and KK Birla Goa. BITS Pilani is the 1st Indian Overseas Institute to have a campus abroad i.e. BITS Dubai. The total number of seats available is 2500 and around 2 - 2.5 lac candidates appear in the entrance exam every year.
There are several courses offered by BITS Pilani such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, Technology, Management, and humanities. B.E. Courses Offered by BITS
- BITS, Pilani: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, and Manufacturing.
- BITS, Hyderabad: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, and Manufacturing.
- K. K. Birla, Goa: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, and Mechanical.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must pass X and XII from a recognized board or equivalent
- The candidate must have secured 75 % aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Math
- The candidate must have secured more than 60 % individually in each subject
- The candidate need to top in central or state board to be eligible for direct admission in BITS
- The candidate who is already a student of BITS cannot apply
- The candidate appearing in 2019 board exam or have appeared in 2018 board exam are only eligible for appearing in 2019 BITSAT