AIIMS ENTRANCE EXAM - AIIMS 2019-20 PREPARATION TIPS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, EXAM PATTERN, SYLLABUS, CUT-OFF
All India Institutes of Medical Sciences are a group of public medical colleges of higher education. These institutes have been declared by an act of Parliament as institutes of national importance. AIIMS Delhi, being the parent national institute, was established in the year 1956. The other centers of AIIMS are at Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Bhopal and Guntur.
The AIIMS examination is an entrance test conducted for students who wish to pursue a career in medicine from the top 9 AIIMS medical college. More than 2 lacs candidates appear for this examination every year. This examination offers a total of 807 seats out of which 7 seats are reserved for foreign nationals.
AIIMS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. However, NRI, POI, OCI and Foreign National Candidates can also apply.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or before 1st January 2004 and should be at least 17 years of age as of 31st December 2019.
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to take this examination.
- Candidates appearing for NEET 2019 must have passed class XIth and XIIth with a minimum of 5 subjects from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects.
- A candidate can take as many attempts as he or she wants since there is no limit on the number of permitted attempts.
- General and OBC candidates with less than 60%, and SC, ST, PWD with marks less than 50% in their (PCBE) in Higher Secondary examination are not eligible to take the examination.
- Foreign candidates must secure more than 50% in their PCBE to take the AIIMS examination.
AIIMS EXAM PATTERN
- The exam is taken in online mode only.
- It consists of 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Aptitude/General Knowledge.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- For every positive answer, the candidate is awarded (+1) and for a wrong answer, the candidate is given (-1/3).
- Questions will be comprised of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Reason-Assertion type.
- There are 200 questions in total.
- The exam can be taken in Hindi or English language only.